About This Blog – Learning And Thriving In Turbulent Times
Today we are confronted with pervasive and profound changes and disruptions that affect not just our work but also our personal lives.
The economic landscape is tranforming into a Gig Economy as traditional corporate jobs begin to vanish. A lot of this digital disruption is driven by AI and technology advancement.
In a stable and predictable world, we can identify what is best and what works and keep on doing it. It is all right even if we do not understand the whys and the wherefores.
But this is no longer true of the volatile and complex world in which we live today.
And these changes will also affect all of us personally, in profound and sometimes dramatic ways too. Our livelihoods and families will likely be affected in some way or other.
Yet, in the midst of all this turbulence and profound change, we may actually find tremendous opportunities…if we have the capability to spot them and to capitalize on them.
In order to thrive in such turbulent times, we need to:
- Recognize the emerging trends and its implications for the future.
- Learn new strategies needed to cope with an unpredictable and volatile environment.
- Identify the tools and skills needed to thrive in such an environment.
- Adopt new mindsets and thinking required for success in this new world.
Therefore, I will be putting down my thoughts and observations in my blog, grouped under the following categories: mindsets, strategies, tools and trends.
This blog is not primarily intended for CEOs or Government policymakers (although I hope you will find some value here if you are one). There are other blogs more suited to you. But if you are:
- a professional who is concerned about your career and future;
- or if you represent a corporation and would like to keep abreast of what is going on in the crazy world so you can do your job better;
- or if you are a small business owner or freelancer; or if you intend to start a small business/home business;
- or a parent who wants to prepare your children for an unpredictable future…
Then this is the place for you. Please subscribe to my blog. You will be alerted each time there is a new post.